

I was in a car accident this morning while on my way to an assignment for work. Yes, on Thanksgiving ... you do what you have to do.
I ran a red light.
And hit a car.
I called Russ sobbing and he and Jenna drove out to meet me. After the police left, and we put Jenna in the car, and I had quit crying for a split-second, I looked up at Jenna.
Tears streamed down her face.
What's wrong, I asked.
Russ said, "She does this when you cry. She hates it when you cry."
God bless.
We went to Starbucks, the three of us, and when emotions caught the best of me again, I started crying. And then Jenna started crying.
I went on to work, and after a few hours, my back and neck started to really hurt. I called Russ and he drove to the newspaper to give me some Motrin.
When my editor found out I was in an accident, and that I was in pain, she ordered me home.
And when I asked Jenna, "Do you want to ride with me?"
She looked up and said, "No."
Can't blame her.




3 comments:
OMGoodness! I am so glad you are alright. What a scary experience. Sweet Jenna...she has such a big heart.
I am so thankful you weren't hurt worse!
Take care & love you!
I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. That sure is a sweet little girl you have. So tender hearted!
Post a Comment