Saturday, April 19, 2008

Joy to Life

The annual Joy to Life run was today in Montgomery -- an event that raises money to fight breast cancer. So, of course I was there, as were 3,000 other runners. I somehow managed to place 1st in age group (although they gave that recognition to a woman 9 seconds behind me ... still working on getting that straightened out) and 6th woman overall. It's nice to be able to be with the top group. In larger cities, I realize I wouldn't have this opportunity. Here are some photos from our morning:


You might be able to see me in front -- wearing all black, and waving!










Here's me and my sometimes running partner, Billeye. We both placed top 3 in our age group.



There's Jenna, circled in pink, running in the 50-yard dash!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you get as many comments about your pink shoelaces as I do about my red ones?

Too bad about the place mix up ... maybe they thought you were in the younger age group and that's why they mistakenly gave your award away?

Congrats on the finish!

:D

Raising Jenna said...

Actually, nobody said anything. But it was ALL pink out there, so anything was expected!

No, the way they had the finish chute was completely unorganized. They took the "tag" from your bib, gave you a card to fill out with your name, address, phone number and time (and you're LUCKY if you noticed your time). When I placed my card in my appropriate 35-39 box, the runner who came in after me already placed her card in there and I saw that it was 23:19. I finished in 23:10. I guess I should have placed my card under hers, because obviously that's just the first card they picked. And there were no 2nd, 3rd place winners. Just first. So she got my award.

Unknown said...

Hey, loved your quotable! You should have posted that where we could comment.

That little rascal. Hub about fell off the bed laughing when I read it to him.

:D