Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Moving ...

God bless her :)

I put a box in Jenna's room because she has been asking to help pack her room -- and to be honest, I could use her help! So this morning I prepped a box for her and told her to pack her books, and whatever room was left on top, she could fill that space with her stuffed animals.

Walking down the hall, I overheard her in her room. I quietly glanced inside and witnessed this:

"Come on Mistletoe," she said, as she picked up her Build-a-Bear she bought at Orange Beach and placed it gently in the box -- more gentle than the books. "Come on Tinker, come on Pongo."

One by one, she gently -- so incredibly gently -- placed her stuffed animals in this box. This is important for her to be a part of this process. I loved eavesdropping on her, and loved seeing her finished product.