Oh, shoot. "Sweetheart, I'm sorry. I think mommy got the time wrong. We've just missed the parade."
Instant tears.
But the further I drove into town, the more I realized the parade was still ahead of us. Each block I drove, I could see more and more of the parade a block over to my right. The people who were leaving, already saw the END of the parade.
There was hope!! I had the chance to redeem myself!!
I sped a few blocks north, rushed Jenna and Russ out of the car so I could find a place to park.
We caught the tail-end of the parade and "laughed" with Jenna about the people who left "early" and "missed" the end of the parade. Silly people! Here's Jenna enjoying the parade.
She did ask, at the end, "Why was the parade so short?"






2 comments:
I'm glad she enjoyed her short parade! Emma would be envious.
Oh, I know that that feeling of screwing up something with the kids. I took Ava to see Playhouse Disney Live downtown a day early. Thank goodness we were early, though. The tears were easier to calm knowing that we would see it the next day.
I am glad you were able to get there to see the end of it. Jenna looked like she had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment