While perfect :) -- and above average in everything -- my daughter is affectionate to boot!
Her teacher said she feels Jenna craves constant reassurance with the number of hugs and attention she seeks daily. We've been asked very
gently for Jenna to tone it down. Jenna is a hugger. Huge hugger. Big on "I love yous" and even bigger on wrapping her little arms around as much of you as she can.Her teacher. Her gymnastics coach. Her soccer coach. I love yous to my colleagues. Her PE teacher.
It broke Jenna's teacher's heart to ask us to talk to her about this. But in my mind, I had to do it sooner rather than later:
I told Jenna that she is in kindergarten to prepare for the 1st grade, and that her teacher has a huge job in getting the students ready for next year. So while she is in school, she needs to let her teacher do as much work as she can, and to not run up and give her hugs in the middle of reading time, or when she's talking to other students.
I told Jenna to give her teacher a huge hug in the morning, and another as she goes to after-school care. And today, it worked.




1 comment:
Let's hope her being too lovey is the worst of your worries as she gets older, Kym. :)
Post a Comment