I have 14 stamped envelopes sitting in front of me with invitations to a "back-to-school" party for Jenna and her classmates at First Baptist Church in Prattville -- kind of a get-to-know-each-other-while-you-trash-my-house invite. Stamped, signed, stickered.
Problem.
I had a job interview at the Montgomery Advertiser on Wednesday for a state/business reporting position, and while they didn't offer me the job at the table, they did tell me, "I highly encourage you to continue looking for after-school care for your daughter."
Fine.
Problem.
Her school doesn't offer after-school care. And I can't find an after-school program that's willing to pick her up from FBC, and transport her to their program.
I thought I would find something, and continued on with the invitations. Put them in the mail this morning.
While sitting with a friend today discussing this, I realized I would, indeed, have to switch schools.
I called Russ: "Take the invitations out of the mailbox, please."
We have tentatively decided on Prattville Christian Academy. It will cost only a tad bit more in tuition, but will save in the long run on school clothes as Jenna will have to wear a uniform.
We're cutting it close with this school. There's only one K4-year slot available. Hopefully, we get that Monday.
Jenna was really looking forward to the back-to-school party. So excited, that she started making telescopes (I don't know why, either!) for her new friends. Hopefully we can have a party the first weekend after school begins for her new classmates at PCA.
Hopefully, I do indeed get this job. It'll make up for the stress.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Good luck on the new job and the position at PCA! We miss you!
Post a Comment