Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tag -- I am "it"

Tag - I'm apparently it.

My friend Lisa blog-tagged me and I am supposed to write about 6 quirky things about myself and then tag 6 other bloggers. I will do my best:

1. When I take a drink lid from fast-food restaurants (namely, Subway), I take from the middle of the stack in case the first few from the top of the stack fell on the floor (please! you know that whoever dropped them is just going to place them back on top!).

2. I am a reporter (that is not the quirk). I will reread my stories a zillion times before passing it on to an editor. Even then, I will at times call back sources to (re)verify quotes. And then, I will print out a copy and take it home with me to read again until I am satisfied there are no mistakes. This could just be considered extreme paranoia!

3. I have been known to drive half-way down the block, turn around, drive back home and check that yes, I did lock our front door.

4. Yes, when I set my alarm at night to a "new" time, I will check it at least 5 times to make sure I set the time correctly.

5. Ketchup with macaroni and cheese, Lisa? No, but close. I make sure to squirt plenty of ketchup on a plate when I eat a grilled cheese sandwich.

6. While in bed at night, I can be thisclose to asleep, and groggily get up and make sure that I locked all doors. And for those who know me, getting up means that it takes another 30-45 minutes for me to fall back asleep.

geez! And what did I learn from all this? That I may be a little quirky, but mainly paranoid!! :)

No comments: