Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Vacation x 3


I just returned from a vacation to Las Vegas with my best friend of more than 2 decades (see photo). The trip included a 2-day drive to San Antonio to drop Jenna off with the grandparents. And 2 days back -- with a 4-year-old whose mother suffered through a stomach virus (which was not a result of the Vegas trip!!! It hit me on the flight there.). The virus lingers today.
Upon returning home, I had 3.5 days to unpack, launder, repack. Jenna and I are heading to Tampa tomorrow to visit my good friend Jessica for her bridal shower. Then to Destin on Monday to meet up with Russ for three nights for a family vacation.
Towels, swim suits, toys for the pool, beach (Where's the third sand bucket?? Where's the shovel??), car and hotel room -- all in separate bags, all positioned separately in the car for easy (and in-order) removal from the vehicle. DVDs, CDs, crayons, books, coloring books, baby doll (which today, Jenna insists MUST be strapped in to the seat belt.) Clothes for Tampa, separate ones for Destin. For both of us. Running clothes. Asics. Don't forget the Asics! Garmin Forerunner. Food: snacks, drinks, fruit, veggies, sandwiches -- all food was packed Monday, to which my husband asked, "You're packing food for your Thursday trip already?!" Yes, this is what I do to stay organized.
And sane.
Directions.
A dose of humility.
A few smiles and deep breaths.
I think we're ready.

No comments: